Saturday, May 8, 2010

haPpy mOtHers' dAy!

1st sunday of may!
It's the much anticipated "Mothers' Day".

Today, i celebrated Mothers' Day with my own mummy.

As korkor went fishing and we had no idea when he is coming back, we couldnt plan our itinerary!
Mummy needs to help kor with alot of stuffs when he is back, this is despite the fact that kor is already 30!
I guess its only natural for parents to see their children as little ones that needs constant tender loving care and attention. I am not a mummy myself yet and so probably i cant fully comprehend why she is as such. But i believe, no matter what, mummy always hold me and korkor deep in her heart.

I bought a bouquet of carnation for mummy this year! It was purple, her favourite color! There were 6 stalks all together! I know flower is not her favourite, but i still like giving her flowers! And yes, she was so delighted when i present the bouquet of carnation to her.

Dinner was at Lao Beijing, Novena Square.
We opted for the set dinner as it is faster that way.
On the way there, mummy wasnt feeling too well as she has drank some tea before leaving home. This probably upsets her stomach. Lucky she recovered and was feeling fine by dinner time.
I was so thankful of this.

I just love how i can always turn back to being a little girl when i am with my parents.
To both my daddy and mummy, i am so thankful for their love.
I guess i have learn to treasure them more after getting married.
Maybe i have grown up and when i am not living with them, i started to remember and miss those things that they have always done for me when i was still living with them. It is always these little things that when you have, you ignore and when you don't have, you miss them.

Especially for my mummy, a big thank you for everything you have done for me since i was born.
~ You gave up your job to take care of kor and me.
~ Your constant effort to make sure we have home cooked meals since young. I am sorry i used to be so picky about food and secretly throw away your food when you were not around. Still, i really dont like the "dao kua ber". =p
~ Your 愛心 noodle that you specially prepared for my lunch whenever i was going for exams.
~ Even thou you were not highly educated, your tireless effort in reading and understanding our textbook so that you can guide us along our course when we were in primary school.
~Your tender loving care showered on each and every moment of our life since young. Even until now when i am married.
~Your constant nagging to make sure i fulfill my role well of a wife and daughter-in-law.
~ The list is never ending.

On this day, my dearest mummy, Happy Mothers' Day!
If ever, i will only love you more than ever. Thank you for being so selfless and being my mummy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...