Tuesday, October 4, 2011

[BBDC] mY dRiving exPerience @ BBDC の i pasSed mY TP teSt!!!

Date: 04 October 2011
Warm up: 10.45am
Test time: 11.45am
Venue: BBDC
Weather: Rainy
Attempt: 1st
Test route: #1 (Teck Whye)

Wow! Woke up this morning to a rainy day!
It is my TP test date.
Was hoping that the rain would stop by the time my test begins at 11.45am but alias...
I try to comfort myself by saying that by having "bad" weather, it would be compensated with "good" instructor.
This is all the more so after hearing from my instructor that there is a "thumb-up" tester that gives high failure rate to his students...

ZH bought me to 373 for a satisfying breakfast before we headed off to BBDC.
I was really nervous and butterflies were all in my stomach!

After scanning the NRIC, i passed the slip, my PDL and NRIC to the staff at the information counter before heading over to the small room to wait for the warm up. During the wait, i was trying my very best to calm myself down.
My warm-up instructor was Mr Woo. A nice and friendly guy.
He could tell that i am very nervous and told me to calm down and take it as if its just another practice session.
I got car 131 for today TP test. While at the waiting area, my group instructors drove by and waved at me! It helps to lighten my mood slightly.

The warm up finally commence at 10.45am.
During this warm up, we were allowed to do 1 circuit and 1 test route.
I must say it was quite terrible during my warm up session as i was so nervous!

#Vertical Parking
I couldn't went in the 1st attempt and had to do corrections. Something which i dread. The more actions, the more chances for mistakes.

#Ramp
Jerky!
And the ground was wet and slippery.
I was so afraid that i would hit the pole and KO!

#Directional Change
I "banged" into the wall when entering the directional change course and my instructor has to hit the brake hard.
I got no explanation for this and all Mr Woo could say is to ask me to calm down.

#Road
There are only 3 instructions from the TP tester.
- Turn left
- U- turn
- Go straight

*I just learned that!!!
When the tester says "Go straight", that means prepare to lane change once. It doesn't mean go straight!
That is a trick question, wasn't it?

After the warm up, we proceed to the waiting area at level 2.
I was praying for a reasonable tester and not the "thumbs-up" tester.
And haha, i got a seemingly friendly tester.
My test route is #1.
By not getting the "thumbs-up" tester, the rest is on myself to perform and pass.

The key is really not to be nervous.
I keep reminding myself that it is only a 30 minutes show and thus, must perform well.

But i guess, nervousness still got the better of me.
When we entered the car, i signaled left to move out of the lot even before i release my handbrake and changing to "Drive" mode. *faintz* I only realised that after my car didn't move after i step on the accelerator! *Haha*

Lucky the instructor didn't fault me for that.
Best, i also didn't turn on the wiper until i was about to do my first circuit course.
Lucky the rain wasn't heavy.

#TP circuit の Ramp
That was my first test subject. I had to do a right turn at 12. As lesson have just begin not too long ago, the circuit was full of cars. Even though test car got priority, a training car cut my lane and i had to brake. =(

Ramp is one of my key weakness in the circuit. I tried my best to be super cautious and not hit the pole. *Thankfully*

#TP circuit の Slope
Got through this one smoothly too.

#TP circuit の Vertical Parking
For once, i got it right in at my very first attempt.
I must have been so excited that i forget to reverse all the way.
When i told the tester that i have completed, he told me that it is still incomplete as the front of my car is still protruding. Quickly adjust!
While reminding myself that i can only steer left after kerb reaching the shoulder, i forget one of the most critical thing - Adjustment of mirrors!!! I only realised that after i am out of the vertical parking.


#TP circuit の Directional Change
My directional change was done at spot 23.
This was a well-hidden lot and i had to turn right in.
Lucky, over the past few revision classes, my instructors allowed me to practice quite a few times here.

#TP circuit の Crank Course
I had to right turn into the crank course and because i just got out from vertical parking, it was only a very short distance and i had to do a right turn. I was so near to the right and i was praying very hard not to strike kerb.

#TP circuit の 'S' Course
Got through this smoothly and this is really one of my most confident circuit course.
All thanks to Mr Teo!


#TP circuit の Parallel Parking
This is also one of my most confident circuit course.
I didn't had to do any adjustment to enter the lot.
However, when exiting, the tester was chatting with me and vice-versa, i cant remember if i have "drive" forward enough and hence i paused at my reverse stage. Was also praying that i don't mount the kerb when i exit.

Finally, circuit course is completed and we headed out to the road.
At the slope exiting the school, the tester asked me to fasten my seat belt!
"HARZ???"
But it was just a bluff! Hahah...

Just before we exit the circuit, the tester reminded me to check my mirrors! OOps...


#TP road の Test Route #1


Test Route #1 (Teck Whye)


I couldn't recalled that test route #1 was Teck Whye area.
Had to ask the instructor =)
The road condition was good today despite it being a rainy day.

After the right turn, i could easily do lane change back before the first traffic light.
Test route #1 required me to do a left turn at ITE College West.
At the zebra crossing, i stopped and hesitated to move off as there was a group of student leaving the traffic light and approaching the zebra crossing but i figured that i should move off. And the tester didn't say anything.

Maybe i was too engrossed talking to the tester and somehow, i forgotten to slow down during the right turn into CCK area. Oops.

At the junction to the U-turn and at the U-turn, i must say i am very lucky because there is really NO traffic or very light traffic. Lane change wasn't a problem at all.

After the U-turn, it's all the way straight back to BBDC, and the last 2 things to pay attention is don't cross the marking on the BBDC entrance when left turning back! And i didn't!

Thus, i smoothly completed my test. *Super delighted*

PS: My tester is Mr Tan Chong Chiat. He is a super friendly guy, and with his presence, he helps to decrease my stress level by a few notch!

Result: Pass!

TP Test Result!!!


With this, i say good bye to my PDL

Provisional Driving License (front)

Provisional Driving License (back)


Hello (temporary) Driving License

My (temporary) license!!!
With the passing of my TP test, ZH bought me to buy my P plate! I really couldn't contain my happiness.
Its been my goal to pass my TP test at the first attempt and up till yesterday, i still thought it is impossible to achieve.
I am really so so so so over the moon now!

I immediately put up the 'P' plate on ZH's car...
Now i am officially a driver!

'P' plate!

Really grateful to all the instructors in G8011!
Thank you all for your patience, encouragement, valuable guidance!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...