Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[ThOts] week 1 of passiNg my TP test

Times flies.
1 week and 1 day since I last passed my traffic police test.

This 1 week has been a roller coaster ride emotionally!

Day 1: On the very evening of earning my license, I drove to dinner at West Coast Plaza and subsequently home. I had to do a U turn at the busy Clementi junction and it was really scary! Subsequently after dinner, zh made me travel on AYE to go home. This is my first NIGHT experience travelling on expressway and gosh! It was really scary as the cars are all very fast. Tonight is also the first time that I am driving up multi story carpark. I was so scared that I would "kiss" the walls! If that really happened, zh would definitely kill me!

Day 2: Still feeling excited to be driving, so I drove to work from home. What used to be a 10 mins ride turn out to be a 25 mins ride with me behind the wheels. That evening, I drove home from Siglap (28kM). Was again traveling on expressway and this time - ECP! Voom voom voom! The cars are really traveling at a fast speed and I keep strictly to my 1st lane. Was so afraid of lane change..

Day 3: Apart from driving home, I drove daddy & mummy to airport! A total of 31 km covered and traveled on SLE, CTE and TPE! What a milestone! It was also the first time that I drove at 80/90 kmh! At such speed, it's really hard to keep the car in the centre of the lane. Any slight movement on the steering would caused the car to steer off course easily! So scary. Nearing the airport, I nearly knocked into a bus which is exiting from side road.. Luckily I braked hard!

Day 5: The group decided to try some atas restaurant selling French- Japanese food at Siglap. So after picking up CY, we headed over to the East! First time traveling on the expressway during the day. Still super scared of having to lane change and traffic was very busy.

Day 6: First time driving ZH to 354, and he sure is delighted! At night, we drove to school for our newly embarked hobby! I nearly got into an accident again as it was a merging lane and the car beside me was traveling too fast and so was my speed. So scary! Must be careful ar!

Day 7: Drove to work as usual today and nearly got into an accident. As I was doing lane change to my left, another car was trying to do a lane change to his right (which is my lane)! We nearly collided! It was damn nerve wreaking! When I was a learner, I simply check blind spot for the sake of doing it to prevent getting marked! But after getting the license, it's for own and passenger's safety!

After 1 week of driving, I think this is really no joking matter! I don't have the confidence at all without the instructors or anyone by my side! I wonder if all new drivers feel this way!

Also, I really can't stand those drivers who keep honking at 'P' plate drivers! C'mon everyone has to go through this phrase of learning and adapting to new road conditions after getting their license. Who has the privilege of being an experienced driver right from graduation? So, please be friendly. Don't keep honking at us! It does no good and only serve to freak us out further!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...