Monday, July 11, 2011

[BBDC] my dRiving exPerience @ bbdC (leSson 1 to 7)

finally my official driving lesson begins...
while most people start learning driving at the age of 18, mine was delayed by more than a decade.. keke...
and instead of manual, i decided that auto would be a wiser choice...

driving was not too bad to begin with...
with the completion of 7 sessions last Sunday, my thoughts as follows:

1st lesson: Saturday session 2
-on the way to bbdc, i was still commenting that how nice would it be if i get a female instructor...and *cling cling* i got it! she is a very nice lady...too nice i guess...she was offering me cough sweets when i cough...*feels weird*...
session 1 concluded with me doing a few rounds inside the circuit... *feeling good*

2nd lesson: Saturday session 1
-i was still hoping for the same female instructor today but it was different...maybe because this slot was bought last minute...this malay male instructor was also friendly and i spend 100 minutes inside the circuit doing rounds again... he told me he is supposedly teaching bike motorists but due to manpower shortage, he is allocated to teaching auto-motorist...lesson 2 concluded with simply feeling good but on hindsight, i don't think i have learned much...

3rd lesson: Saturday session 2
-it all started on a wrong note..first, i woke up late and arrived only at 9.20am...when i stepped foot into the centre, i knew i m in bad shape cos all the cars have left the circuit...i was allocated to area "A" to get my car and it involved a bit of running for me...i apologised for being late and the instructor face was black...

inside the car,

Instructor: "so what have i learnt in the 1st 2 lessons?"
Me: "I was just making rounds in the circuit"


Instructor: "So how do u feel about your driving skill?"
Me: "I guess it is ok loh"

Instructor: "What do you mean by ok?"
Me: "I feel ok loh cos the instructors never say anything too much..."

Instructor: "Ok, since u feel it is ok, u drive and show me your skills..."

In the whole conversation, the instructor face was BLACK!

After making 2 rounds, i was constantly being "scolded" by the instructor, he keep saying "How can this (your skills) be ok?" and with his continuously negative vibes being sent out, i was on the verge of breakdown... it was just a warm up...cant he give me more chances? Moreover, between my 2nd and 3rd lesson, it was more than 1 week break...

And so, we pulled to the side and he lectured me for 30 full minutes...i was pretty helpless..i am just a new student...he cant expect me to be gifted right? If so, then why am i learning? He finally concluded the lecture by asking me to "FEEL NATURAL" and says, he bo bian have to bring me out to the road since my previous 2 instructors have already passed my previous modules...

lesson 3 ended with super negative and bad aftermath...i got so dishearten that i didn't feel like going back again...i went to check and realised this instructor was not from my fixed group..he is a individual team instructor...later on, i learned that these are the very experienced instructors around but so what that he is experienced? In my 6th lesson, an instructor finally taught me how to turn perfectly without over/under turning...

4th lesson: Friday session 7
This was the first night lesson i have...i thought it would be good to experience driving at night...
The instructor i got was FINALLY from my fixed group, Mr Lim.
He was nice and gave me lots of confidence..
This lesson, i went straight out to the road and learned to drive at 50kmh and 70kmh and also going over humps.
He also teach me to brake...i like his way of teaching...
He told me he is on leave on Saturday and look forward to teach me on Sunday...me too!
This lesson bought back my positive vibe about driving and i look forward to more lessons...

5th lesson: Saturday session 2
This lesson, i got a different instructor again...but he was not too bad..
the best part, he thought i was only 23! hahaha...biggest joke of the century..
today, I learned about sharp turns and checking of blind spot..
Inside the circuit, i nearly gotten bumped into by another vehicle which entered my blind spot, which i didn't check...
Lucky both of us brake on time...
I am still not very good with checking my blind spot...
My hand movement turns the same time as my head which is so WRONG...
Hope to get better...

6th lesson: Sunday session 2
My allocation slip shows 112 and i know i have a good chance at getting my fixed group instructor cos during my 1st lesson, it was 114.
This instructor turns out to be Mr Pang from my fixed group.
He is to review me for all my stage 1 lessons today.
For a start, he exposed me to doing crank course and "S" course.
I mounted one kerb during the crank course, he didn't scold me and was instead very nice...and by the 3rd try, i was able to do it through remembering his teachings... This instructor was very careful...all the time we were on the road, his leg was on the brake and this prevented me from practising how to brake gently cos i wondered how much was through my own ability..
However, he was a master at teaching me to turn perfectly (or so i thought)...
I covered a bit on observing the traffic rules and at the beginning, i didn't stop at the STOPLINE!! i can sense he was very kancheong and braked for me.. *oops*
He was a very meticulous teacher and was constantly telling me when to turn and what to look out for..
I like his lesson cos he was a theory person but somehow i hoped that if only he could just let us try on our own towards the end of the class, he would have a better assessment of my learning curve..
But happily, by the end of this lesson, i have solved all my over/under turning issues..

7th lesson: Sunday session 3
With a 30mins break, my 2nd continuous lesson on Sunday begins...
It was with my previous instructor Mr Lim. 
It was nice having him at least i know i am not getting some horrible instructors...
On the road with him, he didn't constantly put his leg on his brake and he allows me to practise my driving more freely..however whenever it comes to lane change, he would control my steering wheel cos during lane change, my hand movement is too drastic...
Today, i nearly stopped in the middle lane of a busy road when he asked me to lane change..
I saw cars moving very fast on my right and i dare not lane change...i guess i was tired too after having 2 continuous lesson and i kinda "breakdown"...
In the end, i just stopped my car in the MIDDLE of the road, he has to help me to steer it back to the left lane while i stepped on the accelerator...
However, i have successfully completed the MOST important left turn without his guidance...hope to keep the progress going and hope to have him and Mr Pang back as my instructors again in future lessons...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...