Saturday, July 30, 2011

[BBDC] my dRiving expeRience @bbdc (leSson 14 & 15)

14th lesson: Saturday session 2
Topic: Overtaking and Stage 2 Review

Today, zh is busy and so I have to take a cab to bbdc.
I was yet again nearly late!!
*oops*

there must be a time when driving becomes painful for all learners...
and this phrase has been stuck with me for as long as lane change enters my modules...
i m dreadful of scanning my nric and then getting a X instructor..
i am using X because i believe there is no bad or inexperience instructors but merely an issue of how well they are teaching you..like all humans, we also have our bad hair days and bad mood days...the instructors thou predominately are males, i guess they should have their fair share of bad hair days as well...especially since they have to sit inside the car and do the same thing all over again day in and day out...imagine their space is only limited to the seat of the car...and they have to be inside the car for 400 minutes...even thou our desk bound jobs might be boring but at least, we can sometimes surf the web and day dream but they really don't have such fortune...so i perfectly can understand when they sometimes day dream abit but i really pray hard not to get such instructors...

With such prayers going on every time i scan my nric, luck was on my side today and I got 113!
I knew it must be from my own group.
Today's instructor is Mr Sim.
This is the first time he is teaching me and i am crossing my fingers.

He took me on the lesson on overtaking and review.
But there is hardly any cars on the road for overtaking and instead he taught and allowed me to practice lane change in heavy traffic. When i requested from him to do more U-turns, he gladly allows.

As this was a stage 2 review class today, he cleared many of my doubts and i wasn't scared.
This is really different feeling as opposed to having lessons conducted by other instructors.
Today I learned quite a lot from him.
1) I managed to figure out how to keep left when turning left as in being very close to the left kerb so that motorists cannot cut into my left blind spots.
2) He taught me how to perfect my right/left turns and what to do before the actual turning begins. With his way of teaching, i realised that i am not in a "rush" to complete many procedures during each turn.
3) Under his guidance, i realised that i am more confident in doing my U turn.

We were among one of the last few cars to come back into the circuit as he was allowing me more time to practise on my lane change.

Really hope to have him back as my instructor again.

----------------------------------------

15th lesson: Saturday session 3
Topic: Circuit!!

112 for today means it's Mr Lim.
The last time he taught me was for the "right turn" lesson and it has been 2 weekends and 5 lessons! Today is the first class in circuit. After so many lessons on the road, it is quite difficult to cope inside the circuit. Cos the speed really has to be very slow. And the signs are all very near. Even though Mr Lim keep stressing about lane discipline, I fall into traps a few times when after turning right, I did not keep back to the left lane.

I also did reversing on a straight road today. It was a bit difficult. And dangerous.

After the pre-completion of my stipulated courses, Mr Lim allows me to practice on "S" course and crank course. That would be my official courses for tomorrow!

>> today's lessons ended with me feeling ok. It's the first time I didn't feel very down after 2 consecutive lessons.

Looking forward to tomorrow lesson!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...