Saturday, July 16, 2011

[BBDC] my dRiving exPerience @ bbdc (leSson 8 & 9)

8th lesson: Saturday Session 2
Topic: Lane change in slow traffic

This is a "killer" topic..

Prior to this class, I was mentally rehearsing the "procedures" of lane change..
I THOUGHT I could do it until the lesson commence..
As much as I can have better coordination between my steering and my head turn, I am still extremely fearful of lane change.
Whenever the instructor says lane change, I freaked out mentally and my basic instinct is to release the accelerator pedal and head for the brake!

This is an absolutely wrong procedure and I tried my best to have it corrected in this 100 minutes.

It didn't help when u get Saturday morning traffic and my route hovers around a wet market.
The instructor left me practically alone and when I asked him how can I do better, his reply was AMAZING!

His reply to me was, "you will learn in the time to come. Today is just a basic class and knowing the theory behind lane change is good enough."
I was like #^*^%#!?!????"

I just can't do this topic well and it really didn't help that I was allocated an instructor that wasn't from my fixed group.

As predicated, he passed me for this lane change class.
I TOTALLY cannot figured out WHY!!!

---------------

9th lesson: Saturday session 3
Topic: Right turn



After a 30 mins break, lesson resume with me pegging on to my favorite instructor from my group.

Topic was on right turn. I guess my checking of blind spots is simply too slow and he has to get me to stop by the side just to drill the procedures of blind spot check!
With every right turn, there is lane change due to lane discipline.
Mr Lim tried his best to enlighten me on lane change in this lesson but my improvement is too slow. I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We encounter a very crappy driver who overtakes me when i was signaling to turn right at the junction. Then when we approached the junction, the very same driver suddenly signal to turn left..the crappy driver even turn to look at us just before he turn left!

Why can't all drivers be friendly to L plate drivers?
Aren't they at one point or another also a L plate driver before?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...