Saturday, August 20, 2011

[BBDC] mY dRiving exPerience @ BBDC (leSson 24)

24th lesson:
Stage 4.4: Review for test route 5 & 6

Countdown final 2nd lesson before I can book my TP test.

I was late again today as I didn't managed to book a cab. When I reached BBDC, I was running all the way to waiting area E. I couldn't find 113 and a few instructors have to help me find the car. Only to realized Mr Pang has already shifted the car and I just ran pass it when I crossed the zebra crossing. *pengz*

Today Mr Pang took me for the lesson and we covered test route 5 & 6.

Test route #6: Teck Whye (slope)
The one and only test route in teck whye that doesn't involve the U-turn. This route focuses more on the slope but for auto car it should be easier than manual.

Things to take note:
#1: Rem to change to center lane after passing by the field @ ITE college west. The sighting point is after the yellow box and before the bridge.

#2: Be careful of your speed control as this area jams up easily and there are many yellow boxes. Do NOT enter otherwise KO.

#3: Rem to brake and turn at the same time before the Singtel building cos this is a steep turn and normally there are cars in the next lane.

#4: There are 2 humps after the slope turning and thus, control speed! Do not cause a bumpy hump otherwise precious points will be deducted!

#5: Coming junction, right turn. But there is a STOP line! So watch out! Also as the car is on a slope watch out for roll back. However Mr Pang says and demo that the car will not roll back so there is no need for hand brake. But somewhere in my memory, I remembered that one previous instructor actually asked me to pull hand brake! So who is right?

#6: There is a bus stop right after a turn along the route (can't remember which part) so watch out and don't enter!

#7: At the end of this route, it's a right turn back to BBDC. Turn only after the red dot has reached the kerb.

Test route #5: Bukit Batok
I don't know what is the focus for this route but it seems like there is quite a number of Right - turns and U- turn.

Things to watch out:
#1: Turning out from BBDC, watch out for traffic on the left! If there are vehicles blocking the immediate first lane, you can turn into the second land upon turning out. Do remember to check both lanes!

#2: One of the first thing into the route is the U-turn. The change lane will take place after the 2nd traffic light.

#3: U-turn will require just 1 turn of the steering. Check for both lane to be cleared of traffic before turning out.

#4: After the U-turn, accelerate and there after lane change back to the left. If the traffic is heavy, don't worry. Just change slowly cos the next junction have to turn right already.

#5: There is another junction @ Bukit Batok St 32 before turning into St 31. As this is a narrow lane, do not keep too right.

The rest of this route should be about cruising back to BbdC, just be careful!

Circuit circuit!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...