Sunday, August 7, 2011

[BBDC] my dRiving expeRience @BBDC (leSson 20 & 21)

20th & 21st session: Sunday
Topic: E-brake, 3 pt turn & stage 3 review

For once, I woke up before 8am and was tossing around in the bed waiting for the alarm to go off.

The sky is threatening to have a heavy pour down! The lightning keeps flashing and thunder keeps rocking the sky! A super heavy thunderstorm is approaching!

It finally pour down when we were having breakfast at 373. The rain was so heavy and make me late for class again. it didn't help with me feeling feverish in the superb cold and wet weather.

My instructor for today is KS again. Due to the heavy rain, the instructors were already driving around in the cars waiting for trainees like us.

KS is a very stern instructor and he tolerates no nonsense. I am always on my toes during his classes.

Despite the super heavy rain, he actually slapped the dashboard and I have to perform E-brake. He did it not once but four times during the whole rainy lesson! Prior to the lesson, i was still commenting to zh that no instructors would probably do E-brake today since the rain is so heavy. So i was quite surprised when he actually slapped the dashboard. I think he must be one of the few daring instructors around!

KS also took me on my stage 3 review class, and he spent a lot of time explaining on the various circuit courses. What I thought I could comprehend previously, I couldn't do it today. I keep missing out on certain steps. He emphasised that it is very important to remember the critical steps and throw away the non-critical ones. Not once would he ever give me the answer to my missing step(s) and he would make sure that i were to recap it on my own. When i try my best to think what i have missed out, it is indeed a very pressuring and scary experience. It is the same feeling when mummy have to force me to study in the past. Only difference is, i am really trying my best now. He believed that only via this method would i be able to remember it forever. He's right! No spoon-feeding.

I thought vertical parking was easy but today review class prove me wrong. I keep missing out on the steps. And my estimation is inaccurate as to when i should start turning. It seems like when i succeed previously, it was by chance.

Parallel parking is always known to be the killer for circuit lessons. The first sighting point for turning occurs when the wheel is one-wheel away from the crack line. But honestly, how to measure and gauge when you are in the car? Sitting at different position we have different sighting point, and so, it was difficult to estimate. KS allows me to do it on my own for the first few times and when i didn't perform well enough, he make sure that i stepped out of the car and visualise for myself the difference between the-distance-of-what-i-see-inside-the-car and what is the-actual-distance-when-i-am-outside-the-car. I think this really helps.

It was still raining so heavily when the lesson ended and I saw my favorite instructor. He is not taking me for the next lesson thou.



By the 2nd lesson, my cold got worse and it is still raining heavily.

For once since the circuit courses begin, I have not drove out to the road but during the 2nd lesson, we went to teck whye to practice 3pt turn. KS keeps pointing out that my eye line is on the road pavement and not straight. He is quick to point out my lane change weakness.

What should I do to improve???

Today lesson inside the circuit is really intensive.. I hope i will be able to internalize all the teachings.. It is so important to maintain your composure and turn correctly into each course. Turn wrongly and u have lots of correction to do which will cost u precious points!

KS is really a very good instructor. Or rather, i liked his method of teaching. Having him as a revision class instructor, he is able to point out my mistakes and i can really see his effort spent in trying to help me correct them.

With the end of today lesson, I am left with less than 5 lessons to the end of my driving class. Starting to miss all my weekend mornings dash for classes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...