Saturday, August 6, 2011

[BBDC] mY dRiving expeRience @BBDC (leSson 18 &19)

18th session: Saturday
Topic: Parallel parking and Slope

Yet another Saturday!
Been in so much anticipation of driving classes especially after a busy and headache week @ work!

I am officially late today.
Cars have started to come out as I just entered the carpark.

ZH says it's a standard routine. Wake up at 8.45am, wash up change and hop on at 9.05am. Eat my favorite happy bun on car while rushing my laogong to drive fast fast. Haiz..

I scanned my Nric and got 108!
A NEW number!
I dashed to the carpark but I couldn't spot my car! When I spotted the car, I couldn't see the instructor. Then he appeared! He was asking me not to ganCheong and slowly catch my breath.

He was Mr Lee. I was determined to pass my parallel parking today after last week delay. There is really many steps to remember for parallel parking and it is really tough. Mr Lee was very patient in teaching me. Even thou I managed to get my car into the lot, it was very near the edge. Really need more practice.

Slope was part of today course as well. Not too difficult save for the part whereby I need to do a right turn onto the slope. Somehow I feel a bit jelly about right turn. Sometimes I just don't know when is the time to turn.

Mr Lee also took some time and demonstrate vertical parking. He is amazing. He can demonstrate both vertical and parallel parking with just one hand! Super steady.

As usual this lesson ended slightly later as Mr Lee was taking time to show me vertical parking. So *paiseh* to be "eating" into his lunch break!

Till the next lesson!

19th session: Saturday
Topic: Vertical parking and Pole



My instructor for this lesson is Mr Pang.
Vertical parking is the opposite of directional change. Instead of steering right, have to steer left for vertical parking!

We got to the vertical parking lot very early and dominated that slot for very long. Mr Pang is a very careful instructor. He was very meticulous in teaching me the steps for vertical parking. And he put in effort to teach me how to do corrections, which is as important.

Thou typically we will use the crack line as a gauge to steer, Mr Pang wanted me to practice using the left hind side mirror. Every time I use the side mirror as a gauge, I will get into the wrong position.

Half way through the lesson, someone opened our door! I thought it must be one of those funny instructors trying to disturb us. But suddenly he sit in and close the door behind him! I was shocked and he looked very stern. Mr Pang introduced him as his boss. His presence make me very anxious! It compounded my difficulties in practicing vertical parking.

Must have been the pressure of him and the difficulties in using the left hind mirror as a gauge, I was totally LOST! I happily steer into the wrong lot twice and it was after the 2nd attempt that I feel that something is not right. In the meanwhile I can hear the boss mumbling something to Mr Pang. Then I turned to my instructor and asked if I am steering into the wrong lot and he says Yes! So 丢脸!All of us were laughing. Finally after I completed my vertical parking, the boss finally leave our car. *phew*

I really cannot perform under pressure.
*gosh*

This lesson I also did pole. I happily knocked it down and this constitute to immediate failure during test. Ohoh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...